improve Ample’s website. This policy explains how and why we use these technologies and the choices you have.
A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device (e.g., your phone or your computer). For example, a cookie could allow us to recognise your browser, while another could store your preferences. There are two types of cookies used on the Ample website: (1) “session cookies” and (2) “persistent cookies.” Session cookies normally expire when you close your browser, while persistent cookies remain on your device after you close your browser and can be used again the next time you access the Ample website.
We also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons, pixels, mobile identifiers for example, our email messages may contain web beacons and tracking URLs to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
Why Ample Uses These Technologies
We use these technologies for a number of purposes, such as:
- To enable you to use and access the Ample’s website.
- To enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of and your access to the Ample’s website.
- To better understand how you navigate through and interact with the Ample’s website and to improve it.
- To show you content (e.g., advertisements) that is more relevant to you.
- To monitor and analyse the performance, operation, and effectiveness of www.ampleinsurance.co.za and Ample’s advertisements.
- To enforce legal agreements that govern the use of the Ample website.
- For fraud detection, prevention and investigations.
- For purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research, product development, and regulatory compliance.